Well, I am now 9 weeks post-hysterectomy and am coming to terms with what I’ve experienced, both physical and emotionally.
I’ve decided to try blogging (never done this before, so bear with me!) for several reasons:
- I wasn’t really told much about the effects of hysterectomy, physical or emotional
- I knew hardly anything about fibroids (my reason for having this surgery)
- most of the information, advice and support I’ve appreciated has been from online sites like the Hysterectomy Association
- I thought it might be helpful for other women who have had, or are having, this surgery
- hysterectomy is a MAJOR, LIFE-CHANGING procedure – far more so than I was prepared for
- I thought it might be helpful for ME to write about my experiences and emotions
I don’t yet know how helpful or useful this blog will be; it might be simply a self-indulgent exercise for me to deal with what’s happened to me. I hope, however, that some of what I write will be of interest to, and maybe even helpful for, other women at whatever stage you’re at in your hysterectomy journey.
Anyway, here goes.